Saturday, June 4, 2011

I.P. Meatballs

I'm on the Ideal Protein Diet right now, and I can only eat a certain type of vegetables with protein each dinner. But I have to eat 2 cups. I'm super sick of cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, and the handful others i can eat. I came up with these meatballs, and wow, I couldn't even tell they were in there! Super yummy, at least to me only eating protein and veggies. I think it's a great way to sneak in those vegetables!

1/2 lb. ground beef

1/2 lb. mushrooms

1/2 c. cauliflower, steamed and pureed

1/2 c. spinach

3 cloves garlic, grated in w/zester

1 t. sage

onion salt

pepper

1 egg

Process all together in food processor.
Roll into balls.
Bake 400 degrees 30-40 minutes, till nicely browned.

Serve with plenty of sea salt!

No comments:

Post a Comment