Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Slow-Cooker Beef Short Ribs

I make ribs rarely, they are a "splurge", but when I do it's only beef. We're not much for pork around these parts. (except for bacon, who isn't for bacon?) This is a good recipe I've found.

1/3 cup flour
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 1/2 lbs boneless beef short ribs (fat trimmed off first)
1/4 c butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup beef broth * I always substitute bouillon for broth in recipes, it saves me $
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chili sauce
2 T ketchup
2 T worchestershire sauce
2 T minced garlic
1 t. chili pwd.
1 T liquid smoke

Put flour, salt and pepper in a bag. Add ribs and shake to coat. Brown the ribs in the butter in a large skillet. Put in slow cooker. In the same skillet combine remaining ing. Bring to a boil, stirring. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 9 hours.

I love to serve with potato salad and a vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment